Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Pre-workouts.

Most people who take pre-workout drinks are looking for that super energy, extra tingly feeling that is gonna help them lift 10x what they usually can.  Pre-workout drinks are much more than that.

The beta alanine (tingles) and caffeine are nice for energy, especially if I've had a long day, but the ones with high amounts of arginine, citrulline, creatine; Those are the ones I'm willing to spend my money on.  Those are the ingredients with lasting effects.  Which is why I absolutely dislike VPX Friction.

Cellucor C4 is my pre-workout of choice, high in arginine, which builds up your body's nitric oxide levels, allowing for more blood flow and oxygen to your veins, creating a better pump, and also making you more vascular. The taste is great and its reasonably priced.  When I start bulking I will switch to their M5, which adds way more creatine and arginine, giving it the nickname, the Mass Machine.

Those of you who know me well, know that I absolutely despise Jack3d, not only does it taste bad, but everyone builds up a huge tolerance to it, so you have to start using 3, or 4 scoops to feel anything, and when you start abusing the 1,3 Dimethyl thats in it, it can begin to eat your muscle.  1MR also builds up quite a bit of tolerance, tastes like piss, and I've heard that some guys cannot 'perform' in the bedroom when they are on 1MR frequently.

I don't mind Bullnox or Nitraflex, I think the idea of a testosterone booster with a pre workout is actually pretty ingenious, but they taste pretty horrid, and I always get a better pump on C4, which also is only 5 calories per serving.

There are WAY too many to go over in just one post, but if you guys want me to break down and review a certain protein, supplement, or anything, just ask me on facebook, or leave it in the comments below and I'll gladly do so.  Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment